Photo By RachelArhnartPhotography
As you all know I work for Nordstroms and I am based in the T.B.D department. In this department we have so many jeans that I enjoy helping my clients and customers with. I always get asked, What is the right way to wash, care and treat your denim? Every year we have specialists to talk to us about the newest jeans and how to care for them.
Today I am going to share tips on how to wash, care and treat your jeans.
1. If you own Dark Jeans and want to keep the color: Add 1 cup of regular vinegar to your first wash with no washing detergent and wash in cold water.
This will help your jeans not to bleed as easily the next time you wash them.
2. Always wash your jeans inside out and with other dark colors.
3. Make sure to wash your jeans in cold water: This will help them from fading and shrinking.
4. Don’t put your jeans in the dryer: Air dry them so you don’t ruin the fabric
5. Only wash your jeans when you need too: I wash my jeans every two months depending on how much I wear them.
6. Freeze your jeans: I use a canvas clothing bag and put it in the freezer over night. This helps kill bacteria and makes your jeans smell fresh.
After freezing your jeans make sure the jeans are dry before you put them on.
We all know buying a good pair of jeans can be expensive so let’s take care of them.
What brand is your favorite pair to wear? I love paige, rag and bone, 7 jeans and current elliot. I can probably list a couple more but these are the ones that I find myself wearing lately.
Please comment below if you have any tricks that you use on your denim!
Shop My Look