Photo By RachelArnhartPhotograhy
4 Tips for Styling a Casual Outfit
1. Add something Simple: The best way to keep your day to day outfit fresh without breaking the bank is to incorporate a ”current” piece. This can be a new vest piece you’ve been dying to wear or maybe it’s current trend (ex. this army green long vest)
2. Build the base: When I say ”base”, I mean the foundation of your outfit. The shirt, pants, dress and outwear. I usually go two ways with this, fun and crazy or simple and chic. When I don’t have anything exciting going on I stick to comfortable pieces that are timeless, like this 90’s bodysuit top and high rise jeans.
3. Making a Statement: Being dull/boring is never fun-but neither is being loud and obnoxious. Right? I think the best way to stay in the middle is to keep the pieces minimized. Be selective with your pop of color and pattern.
4. Organization helps: Trying to put an outfit together in a messy room/closet is the worst. Imagine going to your favorite store and trying to find what you’re looking for. It’s impossible! I noticed when I am organize my clothes by category it really helps. My bottoms are in one closet and my causal tops, dresses ,coats are in another room. I do a closet purge every 6- 8 weeks to make room for new clothes and get rid of old ones i won’t wear again. It makes styling much easier!
So the next time you look into your closet and you feel a blank stare coming on, I hope you’ll remember some of these tips. What are some of your best styling tips? I included a few more of mine below.
Tips to Spice up old but good outfits:
1. roll up sleeves- makes a button up casual
2.cuff jeans-undone look
3. drape the jacket-makes cheapest outfit look chic
4. knot the shirt- right at the waist to show off that curve.
-Shop the Post-